Highlights: Children and family activities - Children friendly castles - Nature & Animals
Duration: 7 days / 6 nights
Date: All year long
Transportation: Fully chauffeured private luxury car with your guide
Accommodation: A 2-bedroom apartment fully equipped
Here is the Loire Valley we love children and we know how to cater for them… So trust us for a hassle-free travel with your family, mixing visits of the local highlights with activities that your kids will enjoy. Each castle has been carefully selected for its “children friendly” atmosphere and each activity has been tested by our own kids!
Instead of a hotel, many of the families we have welcomed so far, voted in the luxurious rental apartments ran by Riverloire, downtown Amboise. A real home away from home, with comfortable bedrooms, all the necessities and a welcome basket to get you started.
This tour has been imagined, based on our clients comments and our own family experiences, but it can, of course, be customized to fit your own family taste and requirements.
Day 1: Chenonceau on earth, Chenonceau from the water
Start your discovery of the Loire Valley with Chenonceau Castle. After a visit “on earth”, we suggest that you take a look at it… from the water, and enjoy a 50 minute boat cruise on the Cher river, passing under the arches of the Chateau for an incredible view and magical memories.
Day 2: Chateaux from a kid's perspective
Visiting a chateau can be boring for children… but not with Riverloire… In between visits, you will learn how to fight like a knight, how to make goat cheese like a farmer and follow the famous French comics hero, Tintin, through the premises of Cheverny castle. A day of fun for the whole family!
Day 3: A day at BEAUVAL ZOO
Take a break from the old stones and indulge your children… and yourself with a day at the Zoo. Beauval Zoopark ranks among the 15 greatest Zoo in the world. Dedicated to the protection of the endangered species, it counts more than 5700 animals: koalas, kangaroos, tigers, white lions... and, of course, the famous giant panda from China.
Day 4: Middle-Ages and Chinon wine
Put on your medieval costume and visit the 15th century castle of Langeais to feel part of the history. The travel south to Azay-le-Rideau and an impressive troglodyte site. While the adults will enjoy a glass of Chinon wine, the kids learn more about the peasant’s life in the 19th century.
Day 5: Biking in Amboise and cooking
After a day on your bike to visit Amboise and its castles, learn the secrets of the French cuisine with our chef Valérie. After your 2 hour class, the kids will be thrilled to eat the dishes they cooked with you, accompanied by a few delicacies prepared by the Chef for a full 4 courses memorable dinner.
Day 6: On the road again…
For your last chateau, we have selected le Rivau, with its gardens built around the classic fairytales…but that’s not all… If you thought husky dogs were only for the snow… you will be surprised how well they do in the Loire valley forest. A fun and family oriented activity.
Day 7: Good bye Loire Valley…
Drop off at Saint-Pierre-des-Corps train station according to your schedule.
Price starting from € 7 970,00 for a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children under 10)
Adults (based on 2) : € 3 680,00 per person
Children (under 10): € 305,00 per child
Subject to availability at the time of the booking.
- 6 nights in a luxury 2 bedrooms apartment in Amboise (specifically chosen for their family friendly facilities).
- A breakfast basket for your 1st morning.
- The cleaning fees for the apartment.
- All private transportation and transfers with an English speaking guide throughout your entire stay, with periods of free time, in a luxury and comfortable car.
- 4 lunches with drinks included.
- A private cooking lesson with a personal Chef, followed by the dinner, drinks included.
- All the entrance fees of the castles listed in the itinerary (Chenonceau, Chambord, Cheverny + Tintin exhibition, Langeais, Goupillieres, Amboise, Clos Lucé and Rivau).
- A boat cruise on the Cher river.
- Beauval Zoopark entrance fees.
- Cani-rando with a certified guide.
- Costume rental in Langeais.
- Fencing initiation class.
- A guided tour of a goat farm.
- Wine tasting (for adults).
- Quality bikes equipped with helmets for 1 day.
- A suggested walking / biking itinerary of the town of Amboise.
- RiverLoire local assistance.
- Fees and taxes.